The Caribbean Sea is one of the most popular places for international tourists to take their vacations. With hundreds of island nations to choose from, the whole Caribbean is a tropical getaway full of stunning beaches and beautiful oceans. Jamaica is certainly no exception, and attracts hundreds of thousands of tourists to the island each year. Although there are countless accommodation options in Jamaica, the most luxurious and upscale hotel is without a doubt the Goldeneye Hotel and Resort Jamaica. Here are just 5 of the many reasons to consider a stay there.
Goldeneye Jamaica (image from http://www.villajamaica.com/)
1. Dining: Most guests enjoy each and every meal at the Goldeneye Resort onsite. This is not just for convenience, but because the food available at the Blue Bar and Eden, the main dining area, is considered to be some of the best on the island. Much of the cuisine is typically, authentically Jamaican. However, care is taken with each and every dish, and ingredients are both local and organic.
2. Convenient Location: Unlike many Jamaican resort, Goldeneye is located in a very private spot on the northern coast of the island. The nearest village is Oracabessa, and the nearest airport is almost 2 hours away by car. However, many guests choose to arrive in luxury by private plane to a nearby landing strip, by helicopter or even by private boat, sailing right into the bay in style.
3. Exciting Nightlife: Near to a quiet village, you might think that after dinner the day is over. While many guests retreat to their rooms for privacy at night, there are also plenty of opportunities to make friends and enjoy a night drinking Blackwell’s Well Black Rum, This two hundred year old rum recipe is made onsite, a unique luxury for guests to enjoy.
4. Comfortable Climate Year Round: The beauty of staying on the North side of the island is that the weather is truly remarkable year round. Although the average temperature does fluctuate by a few degrees over the course of the year, guests at the Goldeneye can expect an average of 27 degrees no matter when they visit, along with cooling ocean breezes at night which are delightfully refreshing.
5. Multiple Swimming Opportunities: No trip to Jamaica would be complete without a dip in the pool or the ocean, and Goldeneye provides plenty of both. There are two main pools onsite, but most visitors prefer to swim in the nearby Caribbean Sea. Low Cay Beach is sandy and fun for children, while the Lagoon is almost a pool of calm, shaded by trees and creating the perfect place to relax. For watersports, head to the Eden Beach, where guests can rent surfboards, kayaks or snorkelling equipment.