Disneyland in Paris is an amusement park in France, which children from all over the world dream of visiting. It is located in the suburbs of the capital, in the city of Marne-la-Valais. Disneyland is open since 1992 and has earned a reputation as a place where you can plunge into the atmosphere of favorite cartoons. On an area of almost two thousand hectares there is a complex, which includes two theme parks – Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park, an entertainment area Disney Village, a golf course, as well as a network of hotels, stores, cafes, restaurants and souvenir shops.
Save on your trip!
Video: Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris is a fairytale world where all visitors, regardless of age, briefly return to childhood! And the feeling of magic appears from the first minute of stay in it, because even the central Disneyland portal is a real French castle in pink, with ornaments in the form of elegant turrets and funny figures. From there to the palace of Sleeping Beauty stretches a central street, which is an exact copy of an American provincial street of the early 20th century and is called the Main Street. The street buzzes with life: souvenir shops briskly trading, fast-food joints snapping up burgers, country music playing in cafes and restaurants!
Disneyland Parade The Sleeping Beauty Castle is one of the main symbols of Disneyland Paris.
Every day at 12 noon and 10 p.m., a parade of the most famous characters from Walt Disney cartoons parades down the sidewalk. There is also a narrow gauge train station for exciting train rides around the entertainment complex. If you wish, you can travel around Disneyland in a retro car or make promenades in a horse-drawn carriage.
The structure of Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris is divided into five parts, each with its own theme.
The youngest visitors are likely to like Fantasyland where all attractions are part of the stories of famous fairy tales. Looking into the Castle of Sleeping Beauty, you can come face to face with a fire-breathing dragon. At the main entrance of the castle leads a small bridge. And out of the confusing maze will always lead a sensible Alice. If you feel like flying, you can do it with Peter Pan or elephant Dumbo! Countless puppets, symbolizing the children of the planet Earth, meet their guests in the “Little World”, and the artists of the Summer Theater entertain the grateful audience with a funny musical every day.
For young explorers, a visit to Adventureland is a must to show off all their abilities. You can satisfy your unquenchable thirst for treasure hunting on Adventure Island with its many caves and grottoes or in the Caribbean Pirates pavilion, and you can quench your thirst for knowledge with a visit to Indiana Jones. A sprawling tree with the famous Robinson Crusoe’s dwelling on its branches looks very vivid, and the Oriental bazaar with the live Aladdin wandering along the rows has a specific flavor of Arabic fairy tales.
In Frontierland you can feel the Wild West with a taste of risk and danger. This is an extreme lover’s paradise! Riding a steep roller coaster and a visit to a haunted house provides visitors with a good dose of adrenaline. Restless kids can be entertained here with Indian games in the domain of Princess Pocahontas or take them to a mini-zoo. This corner of Disneyland Paris has cozy cowboy saloons where you can enjoy appetizing barbecued meals.
If your imagination stirs dreams of time travel or space adventures, you have to go to the Discoveryland. Entourage of local attractions is impressive: fantastic pictures of the future, models of orbital stations, panoramic views of the underwater world, as well as watching movies with holographic and stereo effects. In this part of the complex you can get acquainted with new computer games, as well as visit the circus show “Mulan”.
Film fans will be interested in visiting the Walt Disney Studios Park. Here everyone has a real opportunity to feel the atmosphere of a movie set, learn behind the scenes secrets of the dream factory, see how special effects are created and even be a direct participant in the creative process. Walking along Hollywood Boulevard, you can buy themed souvenirs and clothes with logos, check out the range of disks with Disney cartoons from different years and have a look at the Barbie Museum.
Walt Disney Studios Park
Disneyland’s most memorable rides
“Indiana Jones and the Dangerous Castle. The height requirement is 1.40 m. Easily excitable children and people of hysteroid type are better to avoid such rides. “Dead loops”, dangerous turns, a shaking wagon (you feel like it’s about to fall off!), bright, impressive scenery – a rattling mixture that really causes wild fear in a normal person. And yet the line of people who want to try their powers never runs out!
Indiana Jones and the Dangerous Castle Space Mountain
“Space Mountain. The height requirement is 1.40 m. In this case, the illusion of flying into space at tremendous speed is created. The quintessence of fear, excitement and fantastic drive makes you visit it again and again!
“Peter Pan. It’s just like a dream! After flying out of the hero’s bedroom window, the flying ship circles its passengers over nighttime London, completing its flight with an unforgettable turn toward a bright star. For maximum enjoyment and to be on point, you should watch the Disney cartoon “Peter Pan” beforehand.
Peter Pan’s ship The Haunted House
“The Haunted House. The whole family can safely go here. If there is a feeling of fear during the show, it will not last long at all. But a fascinating search for the missing groom in the company of the abandoned bride and funny ghosts will leave behind bright and positive memories.
“Alice’s Labyrinth” – fun, dynamic and full of pleasant surprises attraction. Tiny inconspicuous doors in a solid hedge, false turns, dead ends… You’ll have to show ingenuity and wit to get out of the fabulous maze!
Alice’s Maze Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
“Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. Using special effects and blasters, participants in the game save the universe from the evil wizard. The attraction will be enjoyed by energetic children and their parents with a well-developed imagination and a lot of unspent energy.
Features of the entry tickets
The administration of Disneyland Paris provides several varieties of admission tickets, so before visiting there you should carefully think through the following nuances: how much time to spend to see the park, the territorial scope of the proposed visit and the number of people. There are the following categories:
- “1 day 1 park”. Means the opportunity to visit one of the two parks of your choice. It is either Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios Park, the ticket is designed for one day. The price policy is as follows: 56 euros (adult), 50 euros (child).
- “1 day 2 park”. With this ticket the guest gets the opportunity to walk around the territory of both parks, but only for one day. Cost: 58 euros/52 euros.
- “2, 3, 4 or 5 day/2 parks”. With this ticket you can repeatedly (respectively – 2, 3, 4, 5 days) and easily walk around the entertainment complex, leisurely exploring its features and indulging in entertainment attractions. Two-day tariff: 115 euros/103 euros.
- “FastPass is the best choice for hot-tempered kids! This ticket with a precise time allows you to get to the attractions, eliminating the need to wait in lines. Its price varies depending on the entertainment chosen.
How to get there
You can plan a trip to Disneyland Paris on any day, as it is open seven days a week from 10.00 to 23.30. If you have a car or rent a car, you should develop your route along the A4. From it there is an exit directly to Disneyland, the main thing is to be as attentive as possible on the highway not to miss it. Budget and fairly convenient way without changing the train will be a trip by train RER (elevated subway copy). Departure is assumed from the center of Paris, on line A from Opera station. It is enough to pay 6 euros and take 40 minutes to get to the terminal station Marne La Vallee Chasseu. The central entrance to Disneyland is located almost immediately at the exit of the subway into the city. From Orly airport there is a direct bus service. The ticket price is 15 euros for adults and 10 euros for children. The fare is valid for a one-way trip. From Charles de Gaulle airport is best reached by high-speed train of TGV network, it takes about 10 minutes.
The French capital and the capital of children’s dreams are about 30 kilometers away. At Disneyland unforgettable rides and favorite characters from Disney cartoons are waiting for you. This is a magical world created with love for children. It is impossible to see this place in 1 day, you have to spend at least 2-3 days here.
Evening illumination of the park
Where in France is Disneyland
Disneyland is a huge entertainment complex in the suburbs of the French capital Marne-la-Valais. On the map of France Disneyland is just over 30 km from Paris. On its territory are located:
- Disneyland Park Entertainment;
- W. Disney Studios;
- Disney Village;
- Golf Club.
Important: A park map in various languages (including Russian) is available free of charge at the entrance.
The construction of Disneyland in Europe began in 1975, 9 years after the death of Walt Disney. There were 4 European countries bidding to build the park. The winner was a small French town, due to its good climate and convenient location in the center of Western Europe.
Disneyland attractions in France
“Disneyland Park” has in its composition 5 main zones:
- Main Street USA. It goes straight from the gate of the park and ends at its main symbol – the pink castle of Sleeping Beauty. Note: in addition to walking along the park you can take a steam train. Also, you can eat here or buy souvenirs in one of the stores and cafes. The street is constantly filled with retro cars and horse-drawn carriages. Twice a day there are parades of Disney cartoon characters with everyone’s favorite soundtracks from the cartoons. In the evening, these parades are accompanied by colored lights and fireworks.
- Frontierland. Decorated in the style of the Wild West. The main attraction – Big Thunder Mountain (roller coaster), which by design resemble small cars of gold diggers. No less popular attraction is the “Haunted House” in the style of the Adams family home, hidden behind the gates and garden. There you will be greeted by holographic ghosts and shadows. For those who like it less extreme, you can go shooting at a shooting range or take a ride on a themed steamboat.
- Discoveryland is Discoveryland. In the heart of this area are the Space Mountain slides. Guests experience the incredible thrill of hurtling down a steep slide upside down. Visitors are also invited to take a ride on the submarine “Nautilus” or see the stars in a spaceship from “Star Wars”.
- Fantasyland is a fantasy world. Fantasyland opens its doors to the youngest tourists. If you come with small children, be sure to visit the magical castle “Sleeping Beauty”, with the home of the dragon underneath it. Children will also love the “flight of Peter Pan” attraction. This is a cable car that allows you to fly over the British capital with your favorite fairy tale character. Alice’s Labyrinth is full of surprises and wonders, unexpected turns and false exits. Also in the park is Lancelot’s huge carousel, a favorite place for children. Not far from the merry-go-round, little visitors can fly on Dumbo the elephant or have tea with the mad hatter.
- Adventureland is the world of adventures. You can climb on a huge pirate ship and walk through the “Temple of Dangers”, or visit the “Adventure Island” with tunnels and waterfalls. The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction offers an exciting boat ride down the river to the pirates’ lair. On the island in a tall tree is the home of Robinson Crusoe and the Indiana Jones roller coaster. These are the most extreme slides at Disneyland France, with steep turns and sideways rides.
Tours to French Disneyland can be booked in many travel agencies in major cities. Such a trip will be a fascinating journey not only for children but also for adults. If you decide to get to the park on your own from Moscow, you need to buy a ticket to Paris (flight without change).
At the Paris airport tourists are always waiting for buses that bring tourists to the Disneyland gates. They run every half hour, the ticket price is 12 EUR for adults and 11.50 – for children 3-12 years.
Space Mountain Ride
In summer the park is open from 9 am to 11 pm.
In winter, spring and autumn – from 10.00 to 18.00 on weekdays and to 20.00 on weekends.
Note: you can buy tickets for 1, 2 or 3 days.
Wild West style roller coaster
|View b and w||Price based on ticket type|
|For single park :|
|For adults||47 to 75 EUR|
|For Children||40 to 67 EUR|
|To both parks:|
|For adults||62 to 90 EUR|
|For Children||55 to 82 EUR|
Near Disneyland built 7 hotels, each of which has an individual design. Also nearby are several restaurants, a souvenir store, a bar and a movie theater.
The most popular hotels:
- Disneyland Park 4* This is an exquisite Queen Victoria style hotel located at the entrance to the park with 490 rooms. A distinctive feature is the presence of animation characters from Disney cartoons for breakfast.
- Disney `s Hotel 4 * Is located at a distance of half a kilometer from the amusement park. Disney`s Hotel 4* has swimming pools, gyms and SPA centers. The rooms pleasantly surprise with a luxurious bathroom, minibar and cable TV.
- New Port Bay Clab 3* Hotel with a marine theme is located on the lakeshore in walking distance from Disneyland. The hotel has 280 rooms. A nice addition to the room is the bus, which takes tourists to the park for free.
- Cheyenne 2* A two star hotel in the style of cowboys. The hotel has courteous staff, 1000 guest rooms, a self-service cafe, gift shop and laundry.
In conclusion, we can say that Disneyland is in the top 10 most popular places in the European part of the continent. Vacationing in Disneyland in France gives unforgettable emotions, and leaves very bright and childishly happy memories!