Ras Al Khaimah Tours
In Ras Al-Khaimah tourists enjoy a relaxing vacation in colorful Arabian hotels with top-class service and comfortable accommodation.
Air: +36 … +40 °C Water: +28 … +32 °C
Beach City Family
Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al-Khaimah stands out against other emirates of the UAE due to its picturesque nature, mountains, ancient buildings and clean beaches.
- Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah with its favorite All inclusive hotels are located mostly on the Gulf coast, coming close to the beaches.
- In the tourist zone of Ha’ath, vacationers improve their health in the mineral springs.
- For a family vacation tourists choose Ice Land Water Park.
Top Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
About the resort
Reasons to go
Reasons to go
- A mild climate. In Ras Al Khaimah, the bathing season lasts all year round. A good time for recreation is from September to May, when it is not too hot. The water temperature in the sea during the winter does not drop below +20 degrees.
- All inclusive. In the emirate, a total of 67 hotels. Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah offer All inclusive with unlimited food, drinks and entertainment.
- Beaches. Travel to Ras Al Khaimah is purchased by tourists who prefer a quiet holiday in nature. The resort is famous for its pristine beaches with pearly white sand.
- Extreme. Fans of extreme climbing, rappelling in the gorge on a rope, riding jeeps in the desert.
- The real story. In Ras Al Khaimah there are major historical sites, some of which are more than 7 thousand years old.
Did you know…
Did you know…
- Ras Al Khaimah is the highest mountain in the UAE. Its height is 1910 m.
- Wahakbayah is a folkloric dance for women that originated in Ras Al Khaimah. The art of the dance combines oriental movements and seductive sweeps of the hair. In the emirate, it is danced at weddings and on public holidays.
- The total length of the beaches at the resort is 62 km. Sandy beaches with crystal clear blue water attract many tourists.
Traveler’s tips and tricks
Traveler’s tips and tricks
- Visits to Ras Al Khaimah are in demand all year round. To avoid overpaying, focus on non-holiday dates and book tours in advance.
- Carry your documents or photocopies of them. The police often stop foreigners. Sometimes police officers wear civilian clothes.
- In summer, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., it is dangerous to be outdoors. Use sunglasses and hats.
- Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah are suitable for all tastes and wallets. Do not be guided by the stardom, it’s better to look at photos and reviews.
- If there are red flags on the beach, you should not enter the water because of the strong underwater currents. The tides are also quite strong.
- In Ras Al Khaimah only a few stores sell alcohol. But in other emirates it is impossible to buy it outside the hotel.
- In just an hour you can get to Dubai. The fare is 10 to 25 AED.
What to drink/eat?
What to drink/eat?
Guzi. Lamb cooked with nuts and rice grits. Shuurbit kyahuariya. They make a jelly-like soup out of veal shanks.
Al Madruba. Boiled fish with a thick sauce that emphasizes the unusual and brackish flavor of the fish. Kebab. Grilled fish with spicy spices and fresh vegetables.
Manakish. A traditional bread dish. Wrapped in pita or pita bread with melted cheese, olives, and herbs. Falafel. Deep-fried chickpea puree balls.
Ligemate. Honey-filled doughnuts. Asyda. Pumpkin pudding, Ras Al Khaimah’s national dessert. Ice cream made from camel’s milk. The ice cream has 4 main flavors: chocolate, caramel, dates, and saffron.
Ras Al Khaimah – United Arab Emirates
Ras Al Khaimah is the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Ras Al Khaimah is located in the northeast of the country on the Arabian Gulf, 100 km from Dubai. It has borders with Oman. The total area is 2,478 km² with a population of 250,000. The capital bears the same name and is home to up to 90% of the population.
The bay divides the capital into two parts, which are connected by a bridge. The western part is called Old Ras Al-Khaimah, where the main attractions are concentrated. The eastern part is called Al Hamraniya, and this is where the airport is located.
Ras Al Khaimah will suit fans of relaxing and inexpensive vacation on the magnificent beaches. Enjoy and excursion lovers who were already in Dubai and want to expand the geography of the UAE.
The Emirate offers inexpensive hotels, sparsely populated beaches, shopping centers, some entertainment on the water and land, beautiful nature.
As in all countries, there are restrictions on alcohol, which can not be consumed in public places.
A brief history
The first settlements of the Umm al-Nar culture were already here in the 3rd millennium BC as evidenced by the remains of some tombs. Later settlements fell into decline, probably due to a worsening climate which no longer allowed farming and stockbreeding.
Since the beginning of our era, only occasional nomads stopped in these places.
Beginning in the 7th century, when Islam penetrated the Emirates, a port was built here. The first written mention dates back to 695.
The locals were engaged in pearl harvesting, fishing, cattle breeding and agriculture. The settlement grew to become Julfar, the center of the region that later included Sharjah.
In the 19th century, a treaty was signed with the British, which made Ras Al Khaimah part of the new state of Treaty of Oman.
On February 10, 1972, Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi signed the treaty making the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah a part of the UAE.
Ras Al Khaimah on a map of the UAE
How to get to Ras Al Khaimah
The Emirate is connected by bus to the other emirates. Buses leave from Ras Al Khaimah Bus Station. It takes 1.5 hours to Dubai and costs 25 dirhams, 10 dirhams to Umm Al Qaiwain, 15 dirhams to Ajman, 25 dirhams to Sharjah. Buses run from 7am to 8pm.
Some hotels run their own buses to Dubai, usually twice a day – morning and evening.
Ras Al Khaimah has its own international airport – Ras Al Khaimah International Airport, located 20 km south of the capital. It is small by the standards of the Emirates. It accepts charter flights from some European countries, Saudi Arabia, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Qatar. It is the hub for the local airline RAK Airways and the low-cost Air Arabia is also based here. There are no flights from Russia and CIS countries at the moment.
In most cases, it is cheaper and faster to fly to Dubai airport, and from there by bus (with change at the bus station) or cab to the resort. Sharjah airport is closer, but also has direct flights from Moscow and Grozny. There are shuttles of Air Arabia from 8 am till midnight. The fare is AED 30. Arrive at the Air Arabia Sales Shop.
You can buy tickets as cheaply as possible using special search engines that collect data from all the airlines.
If you need to get to the hotel in Ras Al Khaimah, the fastest way is to take a cab from any airport. You can book it in advance.
There are also car rental companies at any airport. If you do not want to wait in line upon arrival, you can pay for a car online at the sites of the same companies.
Transport in Ras Al Khaimah
There is no public transportation, bus routes go only to other towns in the emirate, as well as to bus stations in other emirates.
You will have to take a cab around the city and to the attractions. The Sheikh Mohammad bin Salem St cab rank is situated opposite the Cove Rotana Resort hotel. Within the city and in the surrounding area a taxi will cost about 10 AED.
A cab to Dubai will cost 200 AED, to Sharjah, Ajman or Umm Al Quwain 130-150 AED, to Fujairah from 240 AED.
Things to do. Attractions & Entertainment
The main attraction is the Ice Land Waterpark, which is located in the eastern part of the city, in the Al Jazeera district. The prices are very affordable: AED 175 for adults, AED 110 for children between 0.8 and 1.2 meters tall.
There are 30 slides and many pools of different depths. Opening hours: from 10 am to 6 pm.
Other activities: jeep safaris in the desert, balloon flights, quad biking, diving and fishing.
People from all over the country come here on a tour to Al-Jazeera Al-Ghamra. This is a ghost town, an open-air museum, which was abandoned by the inhabitants in the early 20th century. However, all the buildings have been preserved: the fortress, market, mosques and many houses made of coral stone.
Other attractions in Ras Al Khaimah:
- Haat tourist area with mineral waters,
- Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resort & Spa with three thermal pools,
- Falaya Fort,
- Fort and the village of Daya,
- The ancient mosque in the Old City,
- Wadi B Canyon, located 1 km above sea level,
- the ancient watchtowers in the capital,
- The tombs of the Iron Age in Wadi Qawr,
- the old city of the emirate of Digdagh.
Why to go. Features of the resort
First of all, you should go here for those who want a beach holiday on the 1st line, but do not want to overpay for hotels in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Accommodation on the coast here is cheaper than in the popular emirates, and the beaches are not inferior to them in beauty and purity, in fact – they are superior to them in the absence of the crowds of tourists. In short, if your first priority is an inexpensive beach holiday, then welcome to Ras Al Khaimah.
Also the emirate can be recommended to couples with children. Firstly, there are sandy beaches with a gentle entrance, secondly, many hotels are “all inclusive” and have a children’s menu, and thirdly, there is a water park Ice land Waterpark, which is cheaper than water parks in other emirates.
In our opinion, if you are visiting the UAE for the first time, it is better to start with Dubai and Abu Dhabi, where the main infrastructure of the country with modern hotels, entertainment, attractions, shopping centers is concentrated. But if you have already been there and did not like to relax among the crowds of tourists, then Ras Al Khaimah is ready to take you into its fold, offering interesting sights and uncrowded beaches.
For shopping and nightlife the emirate is not very suitable. Of course, there are shopping prices, where you can buy souvenirs and handicrafts, but the choice is many times less than in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
And finally, the last minus of the emirate is that it is not so easy to get here: there are no flights from Russia to the local airport, and from Dubai Airport it takes at best 1.5 hours.
To summarize: it is worth to go here for a cheap beach holiday and a quiet atmosphere, but not for shopping and nightlife.
The Beaches of Ras Al Khaimah
Most of the beaches are owned by hotels which are on the 1st line. Entrance is free for guests, others will have to pay an entrance fee to lie on a sun lounger (it’s included in the price). Hotel or club beaches are always well maintained, there are toilets, showers, cabanas for changing, you can use the hotel bar and restaurants, as well as the pool.
Free beaches in Ras Al Khaimah are few. They are public, and here, mostly resting locals. Infrastructure is minimal. Drinking alcoholic beverages on them is prohibited, topless tanning is prohibited, frank swimsuits are also not welcome.
The climate of Ras Al Khaimah
The climate at the resort is dry desert. The resort season lasts from October to May, when it is not so hot. From mid-May to early October the daytime temperature can be above +40 degrees and even at night the thermometer rarely drops below +30 degrees. And since there is no precipitation during this period, nothing can cool the temperature. The only thing that pleases is the sea, which warms up to +30 … +32 degrees.
In winter there are the most comfortable temperatures: +20 … +25 degrees during the day and 10 degrees cooler at night. But here’s the trouble – the sea during this period is cool, the temperature ranges from +19 to +21 degrees.
The best climate in Ras Al Khaimah for a beach holiday is October-November and March-early May. This is the best time to travel when the temperature balance is maintained: the air during the day is heated to +28 … +32 degrees and the water is +25 … +28 degrees.
It rains very little in the emirate, sometimes precipitation may be in the winter months, but not long.
Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Most hotels are on 1 line by the sea. Their prices are much lower than the same hotels on the beaches of Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
There are accommodations of different stardom, from inexpensive triplets to dozen 5-star hotels, including famous world chains Hilton, Rixos, Golden Tulip.
Widespread system “all inclusive” and this is also a plus of this emirate. Some hotels arrange free transfers to Dubai.