Top 25: Craziest Laws Ever
There are many supposedly crazy laws, but, unfortunately, many of them cannot be checked, and even if they can be checked, they turn out to be nothing more than tall tales.
To restore, finally, justice and to make public the most ridiculous real laws in force in different countries, and made this list!
All the most strange and ridiculous, from restrictions on reincarnation to absurd traffic fines, you will learn in the top 25 of the craziest laws in the world!
25. In New Jersey, it is illegal to be wearing body armor while committing murder For those planning a violent crime in New Jersey: under New Jersey Statute 2C:39-13, a person is considered to have committed a crime if he “uses or wears body armor while committing or attempting to commit or fleeing after committing or attempting to commit murder, manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, trespass with criminal intent, kidnapping, criminal escape or assault.” In other words, body armor could be an aggravating factor, reclassifying the crime from 3rd to 2nd degree.
24. In Finland, traffic fines are calculated as a percentage of the offender’s income In January 2002, Anssi Vanjoki, 44, the director of Finnish telecommunications giant Nokia, received what is considered the most expensive speeding ticket – $12.5 million – for driving his Harley at 75 km/h in a 50 km/h speed limit zone.
Mr. Wangyoki appealed the fine because his declared income dropped significantly almost 5 days after the incident. After the data was changed, the fine was reduced to $103,600, still remaining the most expensive speeding ticket in history.
23. Canadian Currency Act.
In Canada, the Currency Act of 1985 prohibits consumers from using reckless amounts of coins to pay for purchases. This means that you cannot pay for an item with only coins (especially if it costs more than $10).
Even dollar coins are restricted, and store owners have the choice of whether or not to accept coins for payment, but are not required to accept them anyway.
22. In Missouri, yellow margarine is illegal A 19th-century Missouri law banning the sale of yellow margarine somehow managed to last more than a century. According to Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Misti Preston, it was likely enacted to protect the dairy industry, which was one of the state’s key industries in the early 20th century.
21. Whatever you do. don’t litter in Singapore The Litter Act of 1968 is the way the country is kept clean. Failure to comply with this law and throwing trash on the ground in this Southeast Asian city is punishable by a $1,000 fine. In addition, the violator will also be forced to do community service. And if you break the law three times, you will have to wear a sign “I am a litterbug” (i.e., throwing trash wherever).
20. In Michigan, you can’t wear pants down In 2008, Flint Police Chief David Dicks ordered his department to arrest anyone wearing pants down. Other cities, such as Riviera Beach, Florida, have tried to enforce similar laws, only to have pants down ruled unconstitutional by state courts. This law is still in effect in Flint, and offenders can be punished with a year in jail.
19. It is against the law to die in the Houses of Parliament Since Parliament is the Royal Palace, according to Nigel Cawthorne, author of The Strange Laws of Old England, “Anyone who dies there is technically entitled to a state funeral. Therefore, as soon as a person becomes ill there, he is immediately carried outside the palace.”
18. No public display of disease in Washington Under RCW 70.54.050, any person who would knowingly demonstrate to any other person or animal their infectious or contagious disease in a public place would be considered an offender.
17. Royal Prerogative 1324 (The head of any dead whale found on the coast of Great Britain automatically becomes the property of the king and the tail the property of the queen) Royal Prerogative 1324 declares that any whale or sturgeon found on the British coast belongs to the monarch.
The law is still in force, as fisherman Robert Davies discovered in 2004 when Plymouth police investigated his case. He notified the royal court by fax that he had caught a sturgeon, and while he was told to keep the fish, he never understood whether it was still illegal if he tried to sell it. No charges were filed against him.
16. In Alabama, it is illegal to fight bears Fighting bears has been a popular hobby in the United States, especially in places like Alabama, where in 2006 a law was issued prohibiting bear exploitation and more specifically fighting bears.
Alabama law 13A-12-5 classifies it illegal to exploit a bear when a person knowingly “promotes, engages or participates in bear wrestling,” if he or she receives money for wrestling a bear and if he or she “sells, buys, owns or trains a bear to wrestle.”
15. No Chewing Gum in Singapore Singapore Singapore banned the sale of chewing gum after authorities noticed a significant amount of gum glued to subway stations and cars.
As strange as it may sound, chewing gum is actually allowed in Singapore – just make sure you throw it in the trash, otherwise there will be a huge fine.
14. While in Denmark, leave your headlights on Drivers in Denmark must operate vehicles with their headlights on. You would think that this law would refer to nighttime driving, but it does not.
It is also considered necessary throughout the day, or you could face a fine of up to $100. According to studies, this has helped avoid a large number of traffic accidents in Denmark.
Top 66: The funniest laws from around the world that are still in effect
1. Seven states in the U.S., under their constitutions, do not allow atheists to hold public office.
2. Sodomy is illegal, in Idaho, Utah, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana. And in these states, sodomy is illegal ONLY for homosexuals: Montana, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. How so?
Oral sex is considered sodomy, according to Jewish law.
3. In Las Vegas, you may not be allowed into a casino unless your dog is wearing fancy dog clothes or has a model dog haircut. So even if you have only a wolfhound and he’s wearing a fancy outfit you are always welcome in Las Vegas casinos.
4. only in 2008, UN Security Council resolution #1820 was issued, which punishes rape and other forms of sexual violence, equating these acts to war crimes, crimes against humanity.
5. Since 1986, U.S. authorities have had the legal right to access any email and its archives that are no older than 180 days, without any warrant.
6. In Mobile, Alabama, you can’t throw confetti – it’s against the law.
7. In Saudi Arabia, it is illegal, for any woman, to drive a car.
8. In Dubai, having sex out of wedlock is against the law and can lead to up to a year in prison. This means that in cases of rape, both the victim and the perpetrator can end up being charged with breaking the law.
9. In Saudi Arabia there is no minimum age for marriage. In 2008, a court denied a Saudi 8-year-old girl who asked for a divorce from her 58-year-old husband.
10. In 29 U.S. states, it is legal to fire someone for just being gay.
11. In Greece, the police have allowed the arrest of any person suspected of having HIV. The police can also force HIV testing and publish the names of HIV-positive people.
12 In the Philippines, you can be charged with the crime of what is strangely called “unfair nuisance. Take it any way you want.
13. Only two states outlaw divorce, the Philippines and the Vatican.
14. In Thailand it is illegal to step on money.
15. In Singapore, the sale of non-medical chewing gum is subject to a fine of $ 1000. The second case costs $2,000 + cleaning up the city for one day. And if such a person is caught a third time, he will get a fine + street cleaning, but he will have a shameful inscription on his back.
16. In July 2013, China passed a law that states that grown children are required to visit their parents. They are also required to be near them at their slightest wish.
17. In South Carolina, USA, there is a law that says anyone over the age of 16 has the right not to run an errand for someone.
18. In Montana, there are “proxy weddings.” This is a marriage that is initiated by a serviceman. He has the right to declare his desire to register his marriage while on duty. And the chosen one can be any girl from this state. Even if she does not know him at all. And she has no right to refuse.
19. Arkansas still has a law that was written in the 1800s that says a husband has the right to beat his wife, but only once a month.
20. In Rhode Island, a marriage can be invalidated on the grounds that one partner thinks the other is an idiot or insane.
21. In Arizona, girls are not allowed to have more than two vibrators in the same house. If the police find more than two vibrators in your house, you face at least a fine. Yes, there is a chance of jail time.
22. In Iowa, it is illegal for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman in a public place.
23. In Massachusetts, it is illegal for a person to pose as a “girl on top.
24. It is also illegal in Massachusetts to rent a room for the night and sleep in it naked.
25. In Virginia, it is illegal to hit a woman in bed.
26. In Great Britain it is illegal, quote: “holding salmon under suspicious circumstances.”
27. In Vermont, a wife must get permission from her husband to wear a false jaw.
28. In North Carolina, couples are only required to have sex in the missionary position and with the curtains pulled back tightly.
29. It is illegal in Great Britain to import potatoes if you have reasonable cause to believe they are Polish.
30. In Oregon, it is illegal to swear during sex.
31. In Utah, you can marry your cousin, but only if you are both over 65.
32. In the UK, you cannot allow your pet to mate with any pet in front of the royal palace.
33. In Utah, the husband is responsible for all of his wife’s actions during sex.
34. In Kentucky, a woman cannot remarry the same man more than three times.
35. In some parts of India, a man who is in debt can “rent out” his wife until the debt is paid off.
36. In Greece, on your wedding day, you are required to post a notice about the event in the newspaper or on the information board at the town hall.
37. In France it is written in black and white that you cannot marry a dead man.
38. In Great Britain it is illegal to carry a wooden board along the sidewalk.
39. In Hong Kong, there is a law that allows a wife to kill her husband if she has indisputable evidence of his adultery. One but, she must kill him with her bare hands.
40. In Britain, it is illegal to groom a cow while intoxicated.
41. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to try to pick up a fallen bill before the person who dropped it.
42. In New York, it is illegal to honk your horn. The fine is $350.
43. In Florida, it’s illegal to fart in public after 6 p.m. on a Thursday night.
44. In England it is forbidden to die in the Houses of Parliament.
45. By law, any whale or beluga caught in Great Britain is the property of the Queen.
46. In Samoa, it is forbidden to forget your wife’s birthday.
47. In Great Britain, oddly enough, it is forbidden to be drunk in a pub.
48. In Missouri, it is forbidden to be outside wearing a bear costume.
49. In Turin, Italy, dog owners are required by law to take their dogs for a walk at least three times a day.
50. In Honolulu, it is illegal to sing loudly after sunset.
51. In Sweden it is forbidden to use the services of prostitutes, but prostitution is not forbidden. Which means that prostitutes themselves are not breaking the law. Iceland and Norway have also passed this law.
52. In Victoria, Australia, it is forbidden to change a burnt-out light bulb unless you are a certified electrician.
53. In the UK, all men over the age of 14 are required to take an archery course.
54. In Bangladesh schoolchildren can be sent to jail for cheating on their final exam.
55. In Australia, you are allowed to occupy a changing booth as long as you have a strapless dress.
56. In Florida, divorced or widowed women are not allowed to skydive on Sunday afternoons.
57. In Switzerland, it is forbidden to flush the toilet after 10 p.m.
58. In Canada, any comic strip that depicts illegal activity is illegal.
59. In Argentina, there is a law that states that in Argentine nightclubs must play the same amount of tango as other music. That is, every other composition must be a tango.
60. There is a law in China that says, no kidding, “you have to be smart to get into college.”
61. A married New Yorker cannot divorce for irreconcilable differences unless both spouses acknowledge these grounds.
62. In Tennessee it is perfectly legal to walk around with a loaded shotgun naked, but only in a bar. There is simply no safer place.
63. Norway has a law that protects all cats and dogs from being spayed, but only females. There is also still an old law that requires every Norwegian to go out for robbery and violence at least once every five years.
64. In France it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.
65. In Great Britain, placing a stamp with the monarch upside down is equated with treason.